08 August 2008

It's August! Finally!

We have an experimental garden this summer. "Experimental" because I've never gardened in Minnesota before, so I'm making all sorts of trial-and-error mistakes. We've had these huge, winding cucumber plants for weeks and I just hadn't seen any cucumbers yet. I was being so patient and watering dilligently. Underneath all those leaves, though, were two HUGE cukes hiding from visibility. I just cut them this morning. I was so shocked to see them nestled to the ground under the dark canopy of scratchy cucumber leaves. Oh my gosh, I'm such a happy mama right now.

We've been getting these banana peppers for awhile now, and the cherry tomatoes are to die for. It's pretty good considering it's "experimental," and considering I've only ever gardened in Texas and El Salvador before.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

YAY! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

that's really great! if you want to trade some peppers for a butt load of fresh mint let me know.

Sanguinetti A! said...

Mint! That would be lovely.