21 September 2007

Public Transit Crush

Half-asleep, I hope to catch a glance
A form in black (with shoulder bag in green)
She sits in silence on the 114
I hate to stare, but never miss the chance
We only share a random circumstance
A bus line, an addiction to caffeine
Our eyes have never met. I've never seen
The slightest premonition of romance

Perhaps I'll try to meet her. I could say
"Uh, hi, I think you're cute, uh, what's your name?"
And turn bright red while feeling like a jerk
Perhaps I'll try to meet her, but today
I'll sit in silence (feeling rather lame)
And turn away, and sigh, and go to work.

(I wrote this back in February, but I didn't want to post it to the public internets until I was over the crush, 'cuz it just seems kinda creepy otherwise, you know? Anyway, I have a different bus crush now. I think everyone should maintain a public transit crush. It makes commuting more fun.)