29 September 2007

taxidermy sculpture

Every time I see a dead bird or mouse on the ground I am reminded of an artist Hugo obsessed about a few years ago. Unfortunately I don't remember her name. (Hugo, who was it?) Here is someone who might be her. I'm really not sure. Regardless, go to the bottom of her page and click the links to see the various mice. My favorite is pope mouse.

This morning I saw this bird as it was dying.
Beak was moving, legs were twitching, body was seizing. I know, it's gruesome. I'm more okay with death than your average person, so I like to stop and look at the dead creatures when I see them.

I wanted to scoop this bird up and taxidermy it. I wish I knew how.

10 comments:

Laurie said...

maybe something like this

Sanguinetti A! said...

YES!
Chimeras!
YES YES YES mollybloom YES!

Hugo Minor said...

Funny you ask - she is in our list of links of people we admire - Carlee Fernandez!

Sanguinetti A! said...

Your old neighbor, Carlee?!

Well.

I'd forgotten she was the one. She has done so many things I have admired. I think about the gender photos from time to time.

In this moment I want to drop all responsibilities and be an artist full time and wear funny clothing and sleep until noon.

Sanguinetti A! said...

I'm into dead birds now.

That sounds so weird.

I even changed my icon to a dead bird.

Hugo Minor said...

You should read The Book of Dead Birds by Gayle Brandeis.

Sanguinetti A! said...

I should!

Laurie said...

I think you'll like this series about dead birds.

Sanguinetti A! said...

Wow, bizarre, a photograph of specks that are ... birds? Really strange. I can't tell what I think of it yet.

Laurie said...

i thought it was a photograph of a bird that had just been attacked. don't the specks look like feathers?