14 August 2007

WNYC radiolab

I love radiolab and I love that WNYC offers it as a podcast. Each time I hear one I think about it for days. The last one I listened to is Beyond Time. A portion of the show talked about a painter who makes images of horses, empty plains and a young girl. The episode talked about his memories of that place.

There was a point in his career when he let go and stopped trying to make beautiful art. At this point, his art became wildly successful and people started to pay him for his paintings. He painted the horse, the plain and the girl for years before he consciously remembered them.

I can't get this out of my mind.

1 comment:

Sanguinetti A! said...

I can't wait to hear it. Thank goodness they did an episode about this. This of all things, this.

I am so much happier in general and with myself when I can stop telling myself that what I create isn't good enough, precise enough, representative enough, etc.

Thanks for this.