09 May 2007

Results from portrait party


A few months ago I went to a friend of a friend's portrait party. Mark is a professional photographer who is/was doing a project about portraits and the evolution of people's expressions in conversation. I participated and had a blast, and got a new appreciation for all the minute facial expressions we make and change constantly.

Needless to say, here is one of the many images he took... of me. I just got the images back tonight, so I thought I'd make a post and give you all his link so you could check him out. I was inspired, maybe you will be too.

Mark Hanson Photography

I've also been experiencing a bout of low self esteem the last couple of days, so I figure posting my own face here - even though it makes me feel squeamish and shy - is a good cathartic exercise. Not Catholic. Cathartic.

Out.
A

2 comments:

Hugo Minor said...

Look at those lips! If this photo could speak, those lips would say "Yeah*yeah!"

Laurie said...

i love this expression! i want to make a little speech balloon over your shoulder that says, "you did not just say that."